Already have Pany 12-35! m.ZD 9-18mm worth for 300?

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
David J Barber
Regular MemberPosts: 468Gear list
Like?
Re: FOV from 9mm to 11 and 14mm - examples
In reply to Vu Dang, Mar 22, 2013

Vu Dang wrote:

Your pics and the FOV you make inside the pics also are very clear, usefull. Thank you.

Yes, I forgot to annotate the second picture - these are actual 14mm and 11mm pictures superimposed onto the 9mm as layers in Photoshop - it's not a FOV indicator, but actual shots taken on a tripod from the same place overlaid.

I had seen a picture with "frames" to indicate the FOV, but I felt real overlays taken by me were more visually revealing; especially the bridge shot. I took some hand-held ones recently as I couldn't find the original when somebody asked.

Quick and dirty hand-held, but real-world idea of the 5mm difference. When you can't step back any more...

Quick and dirty hand-held, but real-world idea of the 5mm difference. When you can't step back any more...

I have the 9-18mm ZD from my E-400, the 12-50 (An amazing 'kit' lens) the Panasonic 14mm F2.5, the 45mm f1.8 and I'll be adding the MkII 75-300 for now as my budget won't stretch to other primes. I'll be interested in replacing the 12-50 with a constant f2.8 if one shows and my budget allows; or just buy a 20mm and 75mm prime later.

Good luck with your decision. If you can borrow/rent a 9-18mm, that may be the decider for you.

David.

-- hide signature --

David J Barber's gear list:David J Barber's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow