GoPro waves the DCMA at a review done by digitalrev.com

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
quadrox
Senior MemberPosts: 1,016Gear list
Like?
Complain to gopro and share your experiences!
In reply to Klay, Mar 22, 2013

I have use the support email form on the gopro site to complain about this abuse. I received a canned response stating the the takedown notice was sent because they were not using officially approved images in their webstore, and not related to the review.

I sent a response back pointing out that the takedown notice clearly refers to the URL of the review and not the webstore, further explaining that DMCA does not apply to trademark issues and that even if their explanation was true, the issue could have been solved amicably without a takedown notice. I am eagerly awaiting a response to this.

Please participate in the complaints to gopro, and please also share your own experiences with gopro cameras. So far I have seen many negative reviews come out since this issue started, so please share your own honest experiences!

quadrox's gear list:quadrox's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow