Pana is rumored to plan CFF (compact full frame) for post M43

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
amalric
Forum ProPosts: 10,808
Like?
Re: additional info and observations
In reply to rrr_hhh, Mar 22, 2013

rrr_hhh wrote:

I think that due to the competition of mirrorless (APSC and MFT) the big two will try to push FF and to diminish their cost so as to keep a competitive advantage in matters of IQ. Mirrorless APSC a la Sony, or MFT will keep their size and convenience advantage. Due to the actual size inconvenient of FF, there will be tentatives to reduce their size, but the size advantage of smaller sensor cameras will always be there and in matters of interchangeable lenses systems, the MFT stands at a sweet spot. The smartphones will eat the compact market, no question.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Agreed. At some point I could even get myself an RX1, since 35mm is my most used focal, and the lens is a Zeiss. Moreover 35mm has enough hyperfocal range even in FF.

But why, why should I saddle myself with a SYSTEM that is twice the weight and half the DOF?

Is it possible that 1041 is crowded with drama queens and Cassandras who still don't get the obvious advantages of m4/3?

Can mods organise Chinese Re-education Camps for Noobs, since they like Chinese censorship anyway?

Am.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow