Started Mar 6, 2013 | Questions thread
santamonica812
Contributing MemberPosts: 815Gear list
Like?
Re: Question about DQ from Challenge?
In reply to MPA1, Mar 22, 2013

1) How does it do that?

2) I doubt many ever download them in full size when voting

3) That really is the concern of whoever enters the photo, I would suggest.

My point is that there should be ONE standard set of criteria with regard to such things not a free for all where hosts can issue directions specifying that only images shot on a Thursday, wearing brown trousers whilst eating a cheese sandwich can be entered.

I exaggerate, of course, but I see no reason why a standard format of entry cannot be applied if that is a concern. Personally I am not that bothered what speed other people's internet connections are - where do we stop? Some challenges are so US-centric that anyone not living there would pretty much be unable to enter: is that fair? etc

I guess I'm having a hard time figuring out why you're whining about the rules some hosts institute.  Given the huge number of challenges each week, this puts the choice squarely in the entrants' hands.  Don't like a lot of rules?  Enter only the challenges that have none or very few.  Want a tightly-controlled challenge?  Enter the challenges that do have those "extra" rules.

I don't think I've ever heard another person here complain about being given too many choices, and too many options.  I see the challenge rules diversity as a feature, not a bug.  But I respect that you have a different take on the issue.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow