captura
Forum ProPosts: 14,591Gear list
Like?
Re: Where did that come from?
In reply to ultimitsu, Mar 22, 2013

ultimitsu wrote:

captura wrote:

ISO 6400 is acceptable on NEX5R/6

Then you will iso 15000 to be accptable on FF, the difference is constant.

and PDAF works quite well, as compared to the hybrid PDAF on the Canon T4i...which is a dud. The so-called dual chip system. (That's probably why Canon just announced the T5i.)

Canon is really lagging badly in CDAF, while everyone else have spent the last 5 years perfecting it canon has been doing not very much. This canon hybrid PDAF is still in its infancy.

How come Canon, with all it's resources, was beaten by Sony NEX in producing a worthwhile hybrid PDAF?

Long before the advent of great videos in everyday cameras, Canon did not need CDAF. My Canon 300D 'Digital Rebel' has amazingly fast and accurate PDAF...much better than my m43 and APSC cameras. But not much good for low-light, with only 6 MP.  That's when the auto-flash steps in. Strangely it all works quite well. Very high ratio of keepers.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow