Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ariston
Senior MemberPosts: 2,401
Like?
NX300 ISO performance looks promising.
Mar 22, 2013

I saw some NX300 ISO samples today in a korean website and here is my impression so far.

ISO100-400 looks flawless

ISO 800 looks very clean

ISO 1600 looks clean

ISO 3200 just got cleaner the last time, possibly by 2/3 or 1 stop. great for large prints

ISO 6400 appears to be the same quality as the NX20 at ISO 3200. with careful processing, the images here would still look fantastic at large prints. B&W would be a stroll. also, no sign of NR application or smudging which is great since we now can finally work on the images at this sensitivity.

ISO 12,800 is only for web viewing and small prints, no crops.

ISO 25,600 - forget it.

so far, it appears that the NX300 is about a 2/3 to 1-stop improvement over the NX20. probably equalizing the NEX-5n sensor in terms of S/N ratio, DR at high ISO. it could be just as good as the current gen Sony APS-C sensors or maybe a bit 1/3 stop better in some areas. but I think the huge improvement is more on the AF operation and camera processing and I think the new image processor has a lot to do with it all. very good so far. jpegs are still a mystery but the raws are more than enough to have someone ears clapping. it's still no Fuji, but it's the closest thing you can ever have in a compact mirrorless camera that has very useable, fast and accurate AF.

Samsung NX20 Samsung NX300 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow