ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rjr020
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Flash shoe and incident light meter for a77
Mar 22, 2013

Hey guys!

I recently upgraded from an a700 to a77 (on account of my a700 and lenses being stolen) and will be taking it out of the box when I get back from school. I have lined up a couple outdoor portrait sessions and weddings for the summer and  realized the need for proper off camera flash system. I have used my hvl43am flash on the hotshoe but want to invest in a radio flash trigger  as I didn't like the combined light sources from the slave AND on camera trigger flash together.

Which radio trigger and receiver should I buy (only need to handle one off camera)?

Should I get an umbrella or softbox? Which brand/model? (I'm largely dealing with outdoors for 1 or 2 subjects, model shoots and weddings)

I've been thinking about an incident light meter. Do I need one or can the a77 handle it without? I've only heard about the Sekonic L358 and Sekonic L208.

Thanks a lot guys, the info and advice I get ere is always amazing!

rjr020's gear list:rjr020's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 50mm F1.4 Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix L20 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow