Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 12,791Gear list
Like?
Re: Where did that come from?
In reply to ultimitsu, Mar 22, 2013

ultimitsu wrote:

TrapperJohn wrote:

Between Panasonic and Olympus, and Sony, and Fuji, the APS DSLR is on its way out.

Then why is that Canikon keep pumping out a few new models every year, even sony insist it is still in the game? the ability to shoot fast action simply cannot be matched by CDAF.

The current 'lower cost' FF bodies - gee, only two grand instead of four - are, to me, as much a desperation measure by the two giants as anything.

By the time you buy 3 good lenses you are ahead with FF as far as saving goes.

FF - so what? It's not like the Sony RX1 is setting any sales records.

D800 did, for the first 3 month it outsold all other DSLRs, including the normal volume champs like D3100 and 600D.

Nice camera, fairly small, fixed lens, darn expensive. That's almost Leica price without Leica snob appeal.

RX1 is by all account very good value for the money, you need to pay twice the money or a Leica body, and another RX1 for a simily leica lens. So you are completely wrong buddy, it is not almost Leica price, it is about 1/3 of Leica price.

If you're going to overpay, you might as well get some photographic heritage to bask in.

Seriously, how many of you would actually put ISO57600 to use on a regular basis? Not many, I rarely use 6400.

At whatever high ISO one may be using, IQ from FF is 4 times better than m43. if you find iso 1600 acceptable on m43, you will find iso6400 on FF acceptable.

ISO 6400 is acceptable on NEX5R/6 and PDAF works quite well, as compared to the hybrid PDAF on the Canon T4i...which is a dud. The so-called dual chip system.  (That's probably why Canon just announced the T5i.)

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow