CANON SX50 OR SONY HX300 ?

Started Feb 22, 2013 | Questions thread
Yuvalm
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
Re: CANON SX50 OR SONY HX300 ?
In reply to Imtiaz Jamil, Mar 22, 2013

I have both the SX50 and the FZ200 (I'm an avid gadget collector), and I can definitely say that the SX50 has a noise-threshold lower than the FZ200 at any ISO level whatsoever.

Obviousely, it produces much clearer pictures, with excellent dynamic range.

The SX50's lens too, has crisp image and low aberration corner-to-corner, while it's most obvious drawback is the relatively low-res EVF.

The FZ200's however, is a much easier to handle and operate with it's excellent user-interface, and has a very sharp hir-res EVF - sharp enough to manually focus the lens with.

It also produces crisp images, but with it's relatively higher noise level, it goes to waste.

I have two other DMC FZ cameras equipped with a Leica lens, and I can say that mostly, Panasonic's lens is an overshoot compared to their sensors. In other words: the Panasonic bridge sensors lag far behind the optical quality of the Leica lenses they use.

The most excellent DMC bridge I know of so far, is the FZ150, which somehow manages to produce some of the best-looking 12 megapixel pictures in the market, for the last three years - by any bridge model of any maker.

Yuvalm's gear list:Yuvalm's gear list
Canon EOS 60D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow