ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrEBE
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Sony SLT-A57, Canon 700D or Nikon
Mar 21, 2013

Hello,

I'm hesitating for a first DSLR. I take a lot of panorama and mountain photo, really a lot,

Mountain's being my reason of life ^^
http://conradfaitunepause.wordpress.com/

I'm really happy with the compacts I had and have to do the job, like the Sony HVX9.

But I'm also interesting at progressing in photography..
My main obectives are (in order of priority) :

Panorama, of course
Mountains
Nature (river, flower etc..)
Night sky.
And the usual family photos.
I'm hesitating between (in preference order) :

SONY Alpha 57 Kit, 18-135mm (SLT-A57M) (as SLT-58 is less good, correct?)
CANON EOS 650D Kit, EF-S 18-135mm IS STM (or canon 700D)
NIKON D5200 Kit, AF-S DX VR 18-105mm, Black

I think about 18-1xxmm Lens as I really wish to don't have to mess with dust and Captor cleaning.. well, I know I'll have to but the less and the letter the better.. and this lens focal lenght seems to be pretty good for the my needs, isn't it ?

Can you advice me for which model/mfr you would go for, taking in account my objectives and needs ?
Can you confirm my perception/ideas about the Lens ? Or correct me ? PLease

I'm worring a litle bit about photo taken in 18mm, for Panorama. I prefer to use the old method of taking multiple photo then assembling them on the computer, as, at least on the compact sony, the panorama are catastrophic if the sun do appears in the panorama (exposure etc between the pictures). I've read that at 18mm, these lens tend to bring background deformation, is it correct ?
If true, it would mean that panorama assembling would be problematic, isnt'it ?

AM I correct thinking that I'll just have to set the lens to 20-22 or 24 mm to have perfect pictures that will be great for panorama assembling ?

Thank you a lot for your help ! And sorry for my english.

Conrad

Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i) Nikon D5200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow