Started Mar 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Frances144
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Which camera
Mar 21, 2013

I prefer Canon, I will admit, but can be dissuaded.

The perfect camera would be/have.....

a swivel viewer (that is very useful)

excellent for close-up flower shots

the best optical image stabilisation (not a tripod or monopod please)

be robust and big(ish) - I currently have a Powershot G9 and it is just too small in my hands, if that makes sense, and a Canon Mark IV which can be too big when I am out walking.

I would like it to do landscapes and close ups of the plants on the moor predominantly.  I rarely use flash and I do like indoor shots too without flash (which I would use a tripod for).  Outdoors, it should be quite quick, ie action shots for dogs running after rabbits.

Is there anything out there that would suit my needs?

All answers hugely appreciated.

I do want lots of pixels so I can crop too on the good bits. I would rather not have endless variations of types of situations but work it out or play with it myself but a good automatic type is useful too for the quick point-and-squirt methodology when time is not on your side.

Also I do believe in you get what you pay for and I want a professional "type" camera and not happy snapz.

Canon PowerShot G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow