Epson 3880

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,213
Like?
Re: Epson 3880
In reply to irvweiner, Mar 21, 2013

irvweiner wrote:

Brian, I think the difference in path length for pk and mk ink is responsible. The goal is to flush out the old and push in the new. A new printer profile may be sufficient, until this approach is evaluated we're printing in the dark.

The line length sould not make any difference. I think it is just due to the nature of the matte black ink.

Now for those who are game, I suggest they ask Epson!! After all we are still using their 'genuwine' OEM ink in 'genuwine' Epson carts--why should there be an objection?

If they were going to update the driver, they would have done it by now. Anyhow, I think Epson US has very little, if any, influence on Epson Japan.

For what we can actually test right now; has anyone verified the validity of the proposed default mode? If this functions AOK than we are finished--no 'foolin' around required! I'm sorry I did not do so yet.

Changing the default media in the printer preferences certainly works, but it is only a partial solution. If you are only running one printer, then it may be all you need. But with two or more printers there is more chance of sending a print to a machine with the wrong black.

All that is needed is a driver that warns you of the switch and asks if you want to proceed with the switch. The larger format Epson printers do this, there is no reason why the 3880 can't.

(And the same goes for the ink use log provided by the 3880 Printer Watcher utility. It provides very useful data - why can't the larger format Epson printers get the log?)

Has anyone noticed that the original poster, ianmoodya, ranting about his situation has not yet responded to any the postings placed here for his aid?

Unfortunately, fly posting has become more prevalent on these forums of recent.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow