Camera Backpacks

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
PStu
Regular MemberPosts: 317Gear list
Like?
Re: Camera Backpacks
In reply to SimonGReid, Mar 21, 2013

SimonGReid wrote:

Have you looked at Kata bags? I've spent quite a while recently looking for a bag to accommodate tripod, camera, a few lenses and some other bits and pieces (mainly toys for our 3 month old son!) and, after almost giving up, found the Kata Minibee / Bumblebee ranges to be just what I was looking for.

The UK website is www.katabags.co.uk. I'm pretty sure they're available worldwide.

I ordered the Minibee 111-UL but haven't really used it enough to give a proper comment. First impressions are very good however!

I thought the Bumblebee would be perfect, and it does fulfill most of my needs, but here are a few issues:  it is hard to access a camera without taking off the bag; you have to set the bag down on the strap side to access any gear not on the side; and the camera compartment opens downwards.  On several occasions I've taken out a lens and forgotten to zip the compartment back up, but when I slung the bag onto my shoulder equipment has fallen out of the opening.  I've now put bright tape on the zipper pulls so I can see whether the camera compartment is zipped shut or not.

PStu's gear list:PStu's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow