Fuji kit lens vs 35 1.4 or 18 f/2

Started Mar 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Austin101
Senior MemberPosts: 1,410
Like?
Re: Fuji kit lens vs 35 1.4 or 18 f/2
In reply to snowboardpunk, Mar 21, 2013

snowboardpunk wrote:

Hey guys I plan on buying the fuji X-E1, moving from a canon t2i with a 35 f/2.

I thought I loved the 50mm FOV but I feel like I want to go wider. I initially wanted the 23 1.4 but thats not out yet. So for now, which do you think is a better option? the kit lens or the 35 1.4 or 18 f/2. I can only afford one and with the 300 dollars off right now when you buy the body makes any of these options viable.

People are saying the kit lens is amazing but is it better than the 35? The 1.4 is just calling my name I usually do street photography and portraits of the whole body, like of outfits.

I personally find the 35 f1.4 50 FoV too narrow for street and if that's what you are used to then the 18mm 28 FoV might be too wide, I'd go with the 18-55mm zoom, its a good lens but nothing super special but would do for street and portraits, that said if you only intend to use one lens and like primes the maybe the x100s would be better, faster focusing than the X-E1 and more compact plus you get a 35mm FoV f2 lens

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow