ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
katterina
Regular MemberPosts: 247
Like?
Downloaded vs Boxed?
Mar 21, 2013

Hi guys,

In these days of software, it seems to be more and more common for software to be downloaded, an activation code bought and you can carry on as you please.

I am thinking of upgrading to LR4 and am wondering whether it makes much difference to buy the downloaded version or wait for a boxed cd. I have had to reformat the hard-disk of my laptop this week so currently do not have any installed software and am re- downloading LR4 from adobe to continue the free trial.

Amazon currently have LR4(upgrade) for £53 + £3.50 post and packaging, Adobe are doing the upgrade at £59.09. There's not really much in it as far as price goes. However obviously you get a boxed cd you can use if times of need without internet (although to get to the current version you'd have update anyway).

Are people becoming more comfortable with downloading software? I'm guessing you could back it up to a dvd with the serial number anyway which is all you get in the box anyway. maybe I'm just being a bit old-fashioned at 29 and need to embrace the digitial era more! I have previously gone out of my way to buy boxed cd's but its a small living space and space is an issue! I'm just slightly concerned about losing the information at some-point and not being able to re-access something that I have paid hard-earned money for

Many thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow