Started Mar 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ER_ Wizard
Forum ProPosts: 10,663Gear list
Like?
I'm Alive. Thailand in B&W. Part 1
Mar 21, 2013

Greetings friends, both old & new. I had taken a little break but now I am back :-). It is good to see that the forum is doing well.

This year I was fortunate to spend just some time on the Thailand island of Phuket (was last there during the Tsunami) & a shorter period in Bangkok. The holiday was for me a photographic outing & I loved every minute of it. Jill & I were in what can best be described as photographic heaven. we had decided to take shots that were away from the norm, so limited our visit to temples.

I thought I would dispense with the vibrant colours of Thailand & showcase my images in B&W. I do the first edit in colour, so all is not lost.

Here follow some shots from the start of the trip. If there is interest, I will continue to post more shots in new posts so not to bore you all

The old town of Phuket.

An Ice Cream vendor (really ice lollies, made by the vendor).

Lolly Vendor

The Area of Ruwai affords some wonderful shots of the traditional boats & seeing the "Sea Gypsies" go about their daily lives (will include shots in another post).

Retired

Nap Time

Thai Butterfly . Only Colour shot

Karon Sunset

A visit to the 45 meter Giant Buddha (on a hill over looking most of the immediate island) is a must, for unusual Buddha shots as well as landscapes of the area.

Gain Marble Buddha

Golden Dragon

Buddha 1

Buddha 2

Buddha 3

-- hide signature --

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2580/4091192583_423cdbc6e5_o.jpg
May the Focus be with you
FD71, FD91, 707, 717, 828, R1, P8, H9, A700, A350, A77.
18-200mm, 18-250mm,100mm, 200-500mm, 75-300mm, 11-18mm, 135mm.

ER_ Wizard's gear list:ER_ Wizard's gear list
Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF)
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow