Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 23,510
Like?
Re: Quick question:
In reply to Najinsky, Mar 21, 2013

Najinsky wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

However, these people are not my target audience, nor is taking a good photo the point of my posts. I simply explain to those that wish to understand how things work.

There always has and probably always will be, the way things work, and the way things work.

Well, as I posted above, the way things works is:

• Wider aperture, more light on the sensor (less noise) and less DOF.
  • Narrower aperture, less light on the sensor (more noise) and more DOF.
  • Lower shutter speed, more light on the sensor (less noise) and more motion blur / camera shake.
  • Faster shutter speed, less light on the sensor (more noise) and less motion blur / camera shake.
  • Apertures at the very wide end (low f-ratios) often result in less sharpness (lens aberrations).
  • Apertures at the very narrow end (large f-ratios) often result in less sharpness (diffraction softening).
  • Lower ISO settings result in wider apertures, lower shutter speeds, and/or less flash power, or result in a darker photo for a given aperture, shutter speed and flash power.
  • Higher ISO settings result in narrower apertures, faster shutter speeds, and/or more flash power, or result in a brighter photo for a given aperture, shutter speed, and flash power.

I don't see how the "Exposure Triangle" is useful in comparison.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow