Buying a used M8?

Started Mar 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bryan Campbell
Senior MemberPosts: 1,011
Like?
Here are some photos to help convince you
In reply to JK5700, Mar 21, 2013

Yes, buy the M8 or M 8.2! Keep in mind however that it is manditory that you buy UV IR filters for each lens you use on your M8 otherwise the colors will look bad and no amount of processing will fix them.

I LOVE my M8 and it takes a little bit of time to get the very best out of the camera, so keep that in mind if you aren't immediatly impressed with your results. It is my personal opinion that ISO 160 (base ISO) can not be beat by any camera other than the M Monochrom (although the M9 is very close). I would recommend using the camera at ISO 160 or ISO 320. You can use ISO 640 but expose properly.

My favorite lenses are 35 Summarit and 50 Summilux ASPH, although the 28 Summicron ASPH works amazingly well with the M8 and I would love to have one!

Usually I answer all of the "should I buy an M8?" questions with some of my own favorite photos taken with the M8, so this time will be no different...

M8 + 50 Summilux ASPH

M8 + 50 Summilux ASPH

M8 + 50 Summilux ASPH

M8 + 35 Summarit

M8 + 35 Summarit

M8 + 35 Summarit

M8 + 35 Summarit

M8 + 50 Summilux ASPH

M8 + 35 Summarit

M8 + 35 Summarit

M8 + 35 Summarit

M8 + 35 Summarit

M8 + 35 Summarit

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow