Thoughts on Sigma 8-16mm vs 10-20mm lenses?

Started Mar 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CBuckeye
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Thoughts on Sigma 8-16mm vs 10-20mm lenses?
Mar 21, 2013

I'm considering a wider angle lens for my next purchase, most likely one of the offerings from Sigma.  If this has been discussed already, I'm happy to read old posts if they can be found. Forum search was not very discriminating - it gave me everything that said Sigma or Wide.

I know Gerry W. likes the 8-16, and he likes the f/4-5.6 better than the f/3.5 version of the 10-20mm.

Right now I'm leaning towards the 10-20mm f/3.5, but I welcome input from those who have tried any of these lenses.  What appeals to me about the 10-20mm is the option to use a filter.  The f/3.5 may not matter - I'll be using it with a K5.  There may be situations where I want to try it/challenge myself indoors with suboptimal lighting.

If anyone has sample photos they like, that is always fun in these decisions.  That's what got me to finally pull the trigger on the 50-135mm Pentax lens.  I love that lens.

-- hide signature --

Chris

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow