richarddd
Senior MemberPosts: 2,957Gear list
Like?
Re: Quick correction.
In reply to Najinsky, Mar 21, 2013

Najinsky wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

Najinsky wrote:

But later in the course when the different values have become much more familiar, it evolves into something much closer to this as, a recap aid:

from www.wired.com

You've labelled the "ISO' side back to front.

Of course, some techies are, others aren't. The real 'dismissive, aloof and intolerant' attitude is 'I don't know this, so there is no reason any beginner should need to'.

Keep trying, I'm still not biting to that one

I put a little sugar on it to make it more palatable.

Are you sure it was sugar and not cocain, because with my eyes I can still see the "from www.wired.com"? And they labeled it accordance with what the eye sees in the JPEGs produced when beginners take pictures.

f/22 should be high noise and 1 sec should be low noise.

More light on the sensor means lower noise and less light means more noise

This is true whether or not you're a beginner and whether or not you're shooting jpegs

This is the point you will never be able to let go of. Your insistence that an exposure triangle diagram must be trying to convey technical exposure, despite repeatedly being inform from those using them it is simply a communication aid to the three settings the camera uses for capturing images, and especially relevant for beginners. See how wired also made the triangle green, like the auto symbol the camera, nice touch that.

What damage do you fear would be done by conceding that the above is in fact a relevant communication aid?

That, as written, it suggests ISO is the sole determinant of noise and doesn't communicate the effect of aperture and shutter speed on noise

-Najinsky

richarddd's gear list:richarddd's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow