How durable is the NEX-6 in various weather conditions?

Started Mar 21, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bluesky95
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
How durable is the NEX-6 in various weather conditions?
Mar 21, 2013

I've posted several questions now pertaining to my search for a new camera already. I love most aspects of the NEX-6 but as I travel a lot and live in a city with extreme winters, I'd like to ask about this issue.

How does it hold up in light rain, snow, cold and hot temperatures, humidity, etc.?

Where I live, we get tons of snow and it gets fairly cold and windy. I snowboard on the mountains here, and wouldn't mind taking the camera up with me sometimes if possible. Soon I'll be traveling to some very humid/hot locations, which may also have sudden and random rain showers. And in a couple months I'll be climbing a mountain or two (nothing extreme). I love the big sensor-camera size/weight ratio of the NEX6 but is the lack of weather sealing a deal breaker in my case? What do you think?

I know the OM-D is often compared to the NEX and has weather-sealing... but the ergonomics really bother me and the sensor is much smaller.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow