Sirui T-1204x or T-1205x

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roland111
Regular MemberPosts: 402Gear list
Like?
Re: Aluminium versus carbon fibre
In reply to NZ Scott, Mar 21, 2013

I repost my previous message from yesterday, when day DPreview environment deleted it after I clicked Post and there appeared an empty reply.

I rewrote it shortly and hope it's still applicable.

The shortened message copy:

Considering all above non photographic details, I abandoned possibility to experiment with 5 section and my decision was go to 4 sections.

5. For testers – two shots never are the same. Even at short shutter speeds, it’s possible that occasional vibration may have influence on one shot sharpness, while others are not impacted.

4. 4 section tube has bigger diameter and fixing should be more reliable over years.

3. Time it takes to mount/unmount reliably 4 versus 5 section.

2. the 4 section unit has a more robust construction and would obviously last longer.

1. Folded tripod length difference decreases even further with ball head mounted and is only few centimetres.

Also considering minor facts below:

Real life photo difference depends a lot on shooting environment, conditions and photo equipment used today and tomorrow. Therefore it may be that one never notice on photos a 5 section weaker construction and this claim remains only into theory.

Slightly bigger but more stable 4 section unit and another 5 section version who these, who must get the max off in size.

It's obvious without that 5 sections is not as stable as 4 and that's there is a reason, why these are manufactured in 2 versions.

I considered the same few days ago and bought 4 section unit without any extensive tests.

Roland111's gear list:Roland111's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A55 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow