Started Mar 21, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ProAc_Fan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,497
Like?
Need help with S3 pro
Mar 21, 2013

Just acquired an S3pro with the 24-120mm VR basically by accident. Seller advertised it as a film camera and I only really cared about the glass and the price was right. However after picking up the camera( I was already fairly  certain Fuji never made a film body with the F mount) I discover its the S3. Seller informed me the lens made noises( VR wouldn't work on the S3 anyway) but find the viewfinder is really dark and the exposures are a couple of stops over exposed. I sort of figured something must be wrong with the stop down lever and the lens aperture isn't opening up. Since I have ready access to my D200 I compared the levers. Am I right to assume they should look basically identical on both camera bodies? The Fuji one appears bent at an odd angle compared to the 90 degree angle the Nikon body has. Can I bend this lever myself to approximate the Nikon one? Or would I risk snapping it off and I'd best leave this to an expert?

thanks mike

-- hide signature --

E-1
SHLD-2
Zuiko 14-45mm
Zuiko 40-150mm
Zuiko 14-54mm
Zuiko 50mm macro f/2.0
FL-40
Nikon D200 and D40
Nikon 55-200mm AF-S G VR
Nikon 18-70mm AF-S DX
Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-S
Nikon 85mm f/1.8 AF-D
Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AI-S
Nikon SB-600 speedlight
Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 DG EX HSM
Nikon 10.5mm FE
Fujifilm A820
Canon G9
http://www.proac.smugmug.com
Photography is the power of observation, not the application of technology.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow