Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 12,208Gear list
Like?
Re: Wishful thinking
In reply to qianp2k, Mar 21, 2013

LOL,

Here are steps that everyone can duplicate:

• load CR2 files into Photoshop CS6 or CS7
  • Use default setting, move sharpening bars all the way to left (zero sharpening).
  • Move NR bars all the way to left (zero NR);
  • Now in PS window, upsampling 5D files to 60D size (5184x3456) by using Bicubic enlargement (best for enlargement).
  • Generate JPEG by using +12 max quality

-- hide signature --

Show us the loops under the signature on the left of the bill Peter.  Nice try.  You claimed a huge resolution advantage....everyone cane see that simply isnt the case.  You've been wrong on this for years....and you own samples confirm it....as do MACs and the fellow overseas.

You can kick and scream all you like....I've already been showing the print samples to a few friends...local photographers like myself.  They agree completely with me...as do most everyone in this thread.

Sorry...believe what you like.....everyone can try for themselves and can see clearly that the 60D outresolves the 5D...using your own samples.  You lost this one Peter...just like I've been telling you for over a year....because I've worked with the files from these cameras and produced thousands of enlargements for myself and other photographers.  You seem to think that just because you buy a camera, you are an instant expert.  Welcome to the real world....many of us know far more about it than you.  Your samples prove clearly that 2000 pixel wide screen views could never show a huge 5D advantage like you claimed....that was never a truthful assessment....just like many of us maintained.

I was wrong about you....you cant even gracefully accept you were wrong even when results...your own in fact, prove it.  There is no point in debating with you as you will maintain you're right when that clearly isn't the case.

Here's your gold star.  You can pretend you are the expert if it makes you feel special....the truth is obvious to therest of  us.

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow