7 inch WI-FI tablet WIN or android for some photo editing with max. SD expansion

Started Mar 10, 2013 | Questions thread
digital ed
Senior MemberPosts: 2,990Gear list
Like?
Re: 7 inch WI-FI tablet WIN or android for some photo editing with max. SD expansion
In reply to Cliff Fujii, Mar 21, 2013

I purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro for replacing my Dell E6410 on road traps. I am really satisfied with the purchase. I have Photoshop CS6 and Nikon View NX2 installed on my Surface Pro and dump the day's shooting onto the tablet for preprocessing. It's very fast and Windows 8 works great on it. I also have the Type Cover and the Wedge Mouse. The only bummer is that there is no auto/air adapter. I guess I can get a 50W inverter (what a drag...). I've retired my iPad to ereading. Oh, one other thing, I have a mini-display port to HDMI cable. If the hotel room that I'm staying in had a flat screen TV, I can plug in the Surface Pro into the TV and when I use View NX2, the image is displayed full screen while the tools are displayed on the Surface Pro screen.

-- hide signature --

Cliff

I have a Surface Pro 128 and have loaded it with DXO Pro 8, PS CS6, LR4, Helicon Focus & Remote, Capture NX2, PDF Converter Professional plus many other programs including Open Office. Works great and is speedy enough for most PP work on 36MP D800 RAW files. I use it just like I use my desktop Win 7 Ultimate. I have a portable USB drive on which to off-load photos until I return from a trip.

digital ed's gear list:digital ed's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow