LR4 Printer Settings -- Preceptual v. Relative & Brightness / Contrast Settings

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,308
Like?
Re: LR4 Printer Settings -- Preceptual v. Relative & Brightness / Contrast Settings
In reply to lot, Mar 21, 2013

Thanks. Would you suggest I print this from Lightroom? How do you recommend I do the test?

That depends on what paper you have on hand in US letter or A4. If you only have Canon paper, then you might want to let the printer manage color.

If you have paper from the majors: Canson, Hahnemühle, Ilford, Moab, Museo, etc, then download and use the correct profile, turn off all color management in the printer’s driver dialog, and let Lr manage color with that profile selected. If. when you installed the printer software, the Canon paper profiles were installed at the same time, which they should have been, then you can use Lr to manage color for those too.

Personally, I find using profiles directly through Lightroom, Photoshop, or QImage, to be an easier workflow than messing with the printer dialog. The only caveat to that would be that in some printer dialogs, finding out how to turn off color management can be confusing.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow