New D7100 does NOT like Sigma lenses!!!!

Started Mar 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
docfizzix
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
New D7100 does NOT like Sigma lenses!!!!
Mar 21, 2013

I had this problem with my brand new D7100 camera.   I would set the image review time for 2s, 4s, 10s, 30s, etc, and it did NOT matter.   The image stayed on the LCD for 1 minute, regardless of the setting.    I pulled the battery, did factory reset, re-formatted the memory card and nothing fixed it.

I was using my favorite lens, a Sigma 17-70mm.   So for the heck of it, I switched to my Nikkor lenses and BOOM, the problem went away and image review worked as it should!   I tried 3 other lenses and no problems with any of them.   I put the Sigma 17-70mm back on and same problem.    Image review = 1 minute.

I am also having the zoom/pan problem with this lens and not the other lenses.   As others have reported.

It's too bad, because I really like that lens.   But other than that problem, I really like the feel and image quality of this camera.    It's an awesome camera and I am glad I upgraded my D90 to this.

If anyone knows how to contact Nikon and make them aware of this problem let me know.

Nikon D7100 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow