My initial reactions GH3 arrived today.

Started Mar 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
rialcnis
Regular MemberPosts: 257Gear list
Like?
Re: My initial reactions GH3 arrived today.
In reply to bowportes, Mar 21, 2013

Okay after I have time to look through menu and use it a little it's true that the Menus and buttons are easy compared to the OMD.

Why do they give such a short USB cable? Really inconvenient. If you are getting the camera, get a longer cable at the same time. Silly they would skimp on that, If you use a large computer you have to hold or rest the camera near the computer. It would be fine with a laptop close by on a table.

So you really think that the length of the USB cable is worth commenting on, now that the camera is not as bad as you first thought? Is this the only negative think you can think of now?

It's still more conventional looking and not pretty like the OMD, but it's a great video camera.

The cord was stupid. OMD came with a usable length cord. It has issues with the WIFI , being addressed in firmware this month WIFI Connections are intermittent right now.

I don't like having to open the touch panel and have it sticking out as it does. The touch panel works very well but feels fragile.

They are both "conventional." The EM5 is simply styled after an older convention.

The OMD is not conventional.  I used an OM-1 for 20 years and it never looked conventional side by side with it's slr competition. My late father in law, an engineer of medical equiptment and on the photo show circuit and the person most fanatical about cameras and lenses, I've ever known, sold his Nikons and Leica's and bought the entire OM system.  He would test all the lenses on his optical benches and he said the OM system beat his other stuff and was smaller.   The OMD harkens back to that wonderful camera and the Zuiko lenses.  It's a bias true.

rialcnis's gear list:rialcnis's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow