RX100 slip case - i know its been done to death, but none seem right for me.

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,193Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 belt pouches/cases. Use caution when using.
In reply to keirono, Mar 21, 2013

And remember to be careful when you need to go and do #2 and unbuckle your belt with the camera attached to the belt case with caution.

Good luck in your quest, and wish you find a safe and sturdy case for your RX100.

So, for me, the RX100 travels with in the (expensive, but really nice) Sony OEM faux leather case across my chest or under my jacket most of the time. The Sony case not only looks good, protects the camera from bumps and grinds, but is also quite easy to get the camera out for shooting. There are half cases that afford some protection.

Also, belt cases can be in PIA when trying to get out of a car if you are the driver and a bit on the big size. I found the belt case usually hits some part of the steering wheel or one must slide the seat back a bit in order to exit the vehicle.

Both instances have happened to me with a Canon G10 secured in a belt case with velcro closure. The case accidentally opened and the camera fell out of it's case.

Also, sometimes a belt case may inadvertently twist on your belt, get upside down when bending over, and if the velcro, zipper, or magnetic closure is not secure or accidentally opens, your camera may fall out of the case. Just sayin, sometimes.   s h i t    happens.  at  the most inopportune times.

When you have to go and do #2, (poop) , and find it necessary to unbuckle your belt, the belt case may slip off or belt case may hit the floor depending if you are using a squat toilet, like in 3rd world countries, or even if you are sitting on a Western style toilet. Hopefully the belt case with camera does not fall into the squat hole or commode.

One problem often overlooked by men who wear horizontal or vertical opening belt cases with velcro, zipper, or snap magnetic closures is:

I have a RX100 plus a few other compact P&S 's and use to carry them in belt cases but no longer. Why?

Hello,

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow