Who thinks the RX1 have a cybershot shelf life???

Started Mar 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JPizzzle
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
Who thinks the RX1 have a cybershot shelf life???
Mar 21, 2013

So, in my excitement about receiving an RX1, i've been posting a bunch of threads.

Before I jump into my question, I know that public knowledge on this is not available, that no one has a crystal ball, and that one has to deal with what's known now rather than later. So this is clearly speculative and for interesting discussion.....Now, in looking at "professional" cameras by leica, nikon, cannon etc, we do not see a yearly refresh of their top tier camera. In certain instances a company will wait 2-3 years, such as the Canon Mark series or Leica M. However, sony's cybershot division traditionally has fast redesigns (leica also has refreshers through limited editions and "p" versions).

So, do you guys think Sony will try to refresh the RX1 (assuming it's looked at as one of Sony's "top tier" cameras) on a yearly basis or allow for a consumer base to develop for their high end cameras as the above mentioned companies have in the past?

Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow