The Best Portrait Lenses?

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dan_168
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,819
Like?
Re: The Best Portrait Lenses?
In reply to Leon Obers, Mar 20, 2013

Tried the new Zeiss APO 135mm/2.0 last year at Photokina. I was totally flabbergasted by it's quality. Fine bokeh, sharp, great contrast and micro contrast. No LoCA.
Lloyd Chambers did test it last time extensively and did comparison to the Nikkor 135 DC.

The quality for the Zeiss wide open for sharpness, contrast, micro-contrast, corrections for color aberrations etc. as LoCA , is already at the level what the Nikkor does when stopped down to F5.6 - f8.0
(Except for depth of field of course).

IMO the best 135mm you can find. Better than the previous Zeiss Planar 100mm/2.0 macro, specially as for correction of color aberrations.

-- hide signature --

Leon Obers

From every source I read that seems to be the case, I like my Zeiss 100 a lot and if that new Zeiss 135 is even better no question I will get one, I just love manual focus and Zeiss, but to be honest manual focus on D800E is a little more challenging than on the D3 and 1DS3 as I have after market focusing screen makes it so easy, and I have not found any similar screen for th e D800E yet.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow