Time is running out for Samsung, Sony, and other mirrorless camera makers

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,012
Like?
Right On
In reply to Just Having Fun, Mar 20, 2013

1st I don't think Thom relies as much on advertising (I could be wrong). Ken seems to beg for money on every page though.

2nd, these sites thrive on controversy. Ken makes dumb comments often and it drives traffic to his site. Thom says stuff that people take sides on and gets them thinking which causes threads like this and traffic to his site.

Think about the media today. What gets the highest ratings? Standard old fashioned news, or outlandish "reality" TV and radical opinion shows?

One of the great truths that needs to be understood by everyone. The world of journalism is being totally corrupted by this. News outlets are desperate to generate "hits" as these count now as circulation and high hits generate advertising revenue. ie, it doesn't matter what you say, as long as you generate a response. The Murdoch company in particular use this technique. (I say this with shame as the Murdoch empire began here in Adelaide, Australia.

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow