Please help - Travel Zooms - I have narrowed it down and am now STUCK

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
DC Alford
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,113Gear list
Like?
Re: Please help - Travel Zooms - I have narrowed it down and am now STUCK
In reply to Cajen9669, Mar 20, 2013

I am looking at 5 cameras and have gotten to the point that I think all of them are quality, just curious as to what are your thoughts and recommendations andy why… broken into two categories, Bridge & RAW and Compact no RAW. I am also open to other suggestions as well. Note, they are all super zooms. These will be my "travel camera" as my main camera is a Nikon D90 with multilple lenses.

• Canon PowerShot SX50 HS (like the extended zoom)
  • Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 (love the fixed F2.8 thru the entire zoom)
  • Nikon CoolPix P510 (like the overall camera and should be similar in menus to my D90)

and…

• Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 (best Panasonic picture quality in compact, good AI)
  • Canon PowerShot SX260 HS (seems to be highly rated by all)

Thanks so much for any input, advice and recommendations. With only my research and reviews to go by, I am leaning towards... and see... here is where I get stuck, I cannot even decide which I am leaning towards RAW is good. but not required for good pics. Compact is ease of use and portability but is not absolutely REQUIRED for travel... any of the Bridge camera's above will travel well.

Thanks so much for your time and input. Much appreciated!!!

I chose the ZS15 & have been totally pleased(& I'm not easily pleased!).

Seriously all of the cameras in your list are good choices, but if you are looking for a "travel" camera(vacation, holiday etc)I would choose either the SX260 or the ZS15. Add a spare battery, a small pouch & you are good to go.

Good luck.

Dan.

DC Alford's gear list:DC Alford's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD950 IS Nikon Coolpix P3 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CHDKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow