Started Mar 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HankK
Regular MemberPosts: 389
Like?
Well X100s make a nice second camera to XE-1
Mar 20, 2013

I am trying to decide if the Fuji X 100s will make a nice second camera with my XE-1. For the XE-1, I have the 14mm and the zoom. The options I have been thinking about are the Fuji X100S or another XE 1 body or a Nikon A. Smaller was one priority and another was avoiding lens changes.

I had an X100 and they are not really pocketable but it does match the image quality of my XE-1 and had the same basic interface. Am I missing other benefits of the X100s as a second camera. Or maybe I do not need a second smaller camera.

A second XE-1 body would allow me to keep the 14mm on one body and the zoom on the other body. Then I could wait for the new pancake lens later in the year.

Lastly I could pickup the Nikon Coolpix. It is expensive and does not have a viewfinder. The 28mm focal length is okay but the 35mm is better for me. It is pocketable which is a real plus. I had an RX100 for awhile and it was okay without the viewfinder. The high iso and image quality were not up to Fuji's so the RX100 is now the daughters camera.

Which way would you go and why.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow