Every photographer ((MUST READ))

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
quadrox
Senior MemberPosts: 1,009Gear list
Like?
Not completely without blame...
In reply to IKDLA, Mar 20, 2013

I am sorry about your experience, and I admit that it is a clear rip-off.

However, you set yourself up by purchasing a piece of software knowing that the company reserved the right to not make the software work for you. Requiring you to "activate" a piece of software after installation will always leave you at their mercy - always.

Most often this never develops into a problem, and most companies are quite accommodating to their customers. But in every single instance, no matter how nice the company actually is, they expressly want to have the last word as to whether your purchase is going to work for you or not. Having to ask for permission to run a piece of software you paid for is wrong on so many levels, I can't understand how anyone accepts this willingly.

And yes, this means I do not use all of those fancy products that do this. No Windows, no Photoshop, no Lightroom, no nothing.

No - it isn't always easy. But at least I know that I do not support these criminal companies. I do not willingly let them rip me off, do not agree to give them everything, and I do not yield all of my rights.

Yes, you will think I am a crazy zealot, but in your heart you will know I am right. I hope you have learned a lesson, if only just a little bit.

quadrox's gear list:quadrox's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow