From D70 to D7000 - which lens to keep/replace?

Started Mar 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Teak
Regular MemberPosts: 162Gear list
Like?
Re: From D70 to D7000 - which lens to keep/replace?
In reply to Bir CFC, Mar 20, 2013

I would strongly suggest that before you decide to change lenses, try taking pictures with them for some time using D7000 to see the "body only" difference.

I went from D70 to D600 and was ready to sell my 35 1.8g DX. One day decided to give it a try on D600 taking FX format pictures. I fell in love with the output. The little vignetting upto f4 adds charm however, the lens is still incredibly sharp.

Moral of the story, don't write off any of the lense before tyring them for some time on the new body.

I am also learning that technique becomes far more important on higher resolution bodies when upgrading from D70. The higher resolution bodies like D7000 / D7100 / D600 will show even the slightest shake at 100% compared to D70 where you will have a sharp image.

As an aside, I have no plans of retiring my D70 (took pictures this past weekend) and plan on getting it converted for IR photography.

HTH.

Teak's gear list:Teak's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow