Why use Pentax?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Questions thread
Russ Houston
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,370Gear list
Like?
Great question
In reply to Jake64, Mar 20, 2013

I like topics like this, and enjoy the discussion.  There's no "right" answer, so it's a good topic for a forum like this.

I just spent a week in D.C. and like you, I'm a camera watcher.  Not looking for validation, just curious what people are using.  I saw 3 Pentax cameras (including their original dSLR, the *istD). Usually, wherever I go (tourist spot), I'll see 2-3 Pentax cameras.

For me, the reason I bought Pentax was value.  There was a great deal on the kit and I bought it.  Moved up in the Pentax line over the years and was always happy with it.  Main things I liked was backwards compatibility with their old lenses, and built-in image stabilization that made those old lenses stabilized.  All the other complaints people make about Pentax never really bothered me.  Also, I buy my gear online even though I live in Houston.  I don't care that I don't see the cameras in the store.  I'm comfortable buying sight unseen.  I've already researched it enough that I know what to expect.

Russ Houston's gear list:Russ Houston's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow