Anyone here left mirrorless for DSLR?

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,394Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone here left mirrorless for DSLR?
In reply to Scott Larson, Mar 20, 2013

I currently have an NEX 5N and I am considering a bump up to the 6d, largely for lower light performance (and better AF).

My problem is that I really, really like my Zeiss 24/1.8 lens. I love the image quality I get until I reach higher ISOs (even though the APS-C is pretty darn good compared to other similarly sized sensors and smaller). I love that I can focus as closely as 6". I barely use another lens. This Zeiss lens is roughly equivalent to the Sigma 35/1.4 lens on a 6d (FOV). But the fast 35s on FF focus only at 11" or 12", so that's a disappointment to me, but not a deal killer. I've thought about getting the 6d and the 50/1.2 (I am actually renting this combo for a trip to New Orleans soon) and Sigma 35/1.4, but keeping my NEX 5N to use with my fisheye lens and my Contax G 90/2.8 (about 135 FOV on FF). I also have a Canon FDn 50/1.4 (about a 75 FOV on FF). That combo and those lenses cover 99.5% of all the shots I want. So, we'll see how the test run goes in New Orleans.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow