X100 - Slow shutter speeds in Auto

Started Mar 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Adrian Tung
Senior MemberPosts: 2,802Gear list
Like?
Re: X100 - Slow shutter speeds in Auto
In reply to neod, Mar 20, 2013

In the example in that thread you used the widest aperture and 1600 ISO. If you were in auto ISO set to a max 1600 the only way the camera could get the shot is by using a slow shutter speed.

You will need to either improve the light or increase the ISO if you want a faster shutter speed. Or, as someone suggested in that thread, use a tripod with a shutter release or the self-timer if you want to get sharp closeups in low light

-- hide signature --

Stephen

I got that... but I went back and basically without adjusting anything other than setting manual shutter speeds I was able to get a much better focused (and lit) shot. So my question is why can't the camera itself figure out to use that shutter speed?

Show us this "much better" shot. In the other thread you were already at f/2 1/5s ISO1600, how are you going to get a better shot without bumping up the ISO when you increase shutter speed?

Adrian Tung's gear list:Adrian Tung's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Canon EOS 10D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow