Anyone here left mirrorless for DSLR?

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Colin Smith1
Contributing MemberPosts: 512Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone here left mirrorless for DSLR?
In reply to hellocrowley, Mar 20, 2013

At the age of 65 and still traveling the world, the idea of a mirrorless system like the Olympus OM5-D, has really appealed to me.  The size and weight of my 500 F4 and two camera bodies is getting to be a chore to carry on planes and thru airports. After a ton of research I decided that a mirrorless system, even though much easier to travel with, just wouldn't fit my wildlife and landscape interests.  The telephotos are pretty much all zooms and slower than what I currently own and just not as sharp.  The number one reason not to switch was the slow, inconsistent tracking autofocus.  A definite stopper for a wildlife photographer.  Couple that with having to completely learn a new system - well it just won't work for this old timer.  Since you already have the Fuji, why not add a full frame SLR to your kit and have the best of both worlds?

-- hide signature --

Colin Smith

Colin Smith1's gear list:Colin Smith1's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow