Rumour on New Rebel Line to go Along Side EOS M

Started Mar 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
PStu
Regular MemberPosts: 316Gear list
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan's analysis
In reply to crisotunity, Mar 20, 2013

Hmm, I am not sure I agree entirely with Hogan's analysis. I think that this new Canon is a threat to Sony, but I am really not buying this whole "lack of lenses will hurt NEX". The NEX has the two Sigmas (19mm, 30mm) and the really nice 50mm; and all at very decent prices. Frankly, you could buy all three 2nd hand for half the price of a 2nd hand 24-105

All that's really needed is a competent macro/long-ish portrait (85mm or 100mm) and they are done. I sometimes don't understand what more photographers are after.

Personally, my only reasons to sell up my NEX stuff and go for the mini EOS would be to rationalise my camera/lenses collection; better UI (after 2 plus years, I still don't like going inside a menu to select PASM); and more reliable AF.

Having said that, if the mini EOS does not offer the niceties I am used to from my NEX (ie articualted screen), I'm happy to wait for next year's model.

PStu's gear list:PStu's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow