Epson 3880

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rkelac
Regular MemberPosts: 466Gear list
Like?
Re: Epson 3880
In reply to AusPic, Mar 20, 2013

Is there any reason that the original poster, ianmoodya, does not mention mention requesting this info from Epson???? As a 3880 owner he is entitled to request assistance from the Professional Customer Service group, phone# in manual. This should be the first go-to place.

I dont know how sticky the MK default action is, what happens if you accidentally select a glossy, luster or semi-gloss media Will there be an immediate switch or hopefully a warning message???

Without incurring additional costs and maintaining the use of Epson ink I would suggest swapping the chip from the PK cart to a 2nd MK cart and inserting the 2nd MK cart in place of the PK cart. Now if a MK-PK switch gets triggered you will have MK in the printhead and the feed lines, permitting you to continue as if nothing happened. except for the loss of a few ml of ink. BUT you will have no immediate need to switch the inks again. Your unwanted ink loss will be cut in half. I will be examining the benefits, if any, of the default mode.

good luck irv weiner

Irv,

I for one think the idea of using TWO MK's is brilliantly obvious - you are a GENIUS! (well I think you are anyway)

-- hide signature --

Andrew G

But does the printer lay down the ink differently for the MK cartridge compared to the PK cartridge?

Rkelac's gear list:Rkelac's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow