My Journey Into the Fuji X World...

Started Mar 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
bestbyte
Regular MemberPosts: 155Gear list
Like?
Re: My Journey Into the Fuji X World...
In reply to idp69, Mar 20, 2013

I’ve been shooting with the Nikon D90 and just one lens – the 35mm f1.8 DX lens – for about 4 years now. I am quite happy with the results I’m getting. I’m mostly interested in street photography and family portraiture. When I shoot landscapes, I use the panorama function of my mobile phone.:-) I don’t print large so I’m quite settled on 12MP.

I’ve been an avid fan of the Fuji X series cameras but didn’t buy any due to their prices. But last week, I bought a new Fuji X100 for an irresistible price of just AU$699. So, my journey to the “Fuji X” world has begun…:-)

The camera’s build is fantastic. I like the ergonomics but will take time to get used to it. The hybrid viewfinder is brilliant. I can’t explain what I felt the first time I used the viewfinder. The Fujinon lens is superb. The image quality (you all know it already) is excellent. I think it’s much better than the D90 images. Also, the Fuji X100 produces better colors and skin tones than the D90. What else to say, hmmm, the jpeg engine is very, very good indeed.

I still have a lot to learn from this camera. I have problems attaching my first photos to this thread, so just attached a link to my first album (all of them are processed RAW files using the Fuji X100's raw conversion).

First Picture - Monochrome + Red Filter

Second Picture - Astia (slightly cropped in LR)

Third Picture - Velvia (in macro mode)

Fourth Picture - Astia

Fifth Picture - Sepia

Sixth Picture - Astia

Please be nice to me.:-)

great shots! Bokeh looks stunning for such a small camera...You will certainly get better results with more practice.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow