What would be your not-to-be-without lenses for your V1/V2/V3?!

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tord S Eriksson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,515Gear list
Like?
Re: What would be your not-to-be-without lenses for your V1/V2/V3?!
In reply to myzel, Mar 20, 2013

I started this thread, so I better owe up to what my own preferences are, to this day, anyway ;-)!

Yes, I too love the 18.5, that have totally replaced the 10, and the 10-30.

Insert caption here. If you do not edit this text it will be automatically removed.

Secondly, the latest lens, the 6.7-13, has been on my V1 more or less constantly since it arrived, no doubt the most useful native Nikon 1 lens yet. If not as fast as the 18.5 it seems to me just as sharp!

So most of us seem to agree with those two ;-)!

Third, as yet (the coming 32 sounds interesting) is the AF-S VR 70-300 is my favourite. Pretty heavy (around 2 lbs/ 1 kg), but really sharp, not least in the middle, which is what counts when you attach it to your CX camera. The VR works very well, too! I have used it on my D600, but then the whole package becomes a bit heavy (not least front-heavy) for me! The FT1 adapter and a monopod works much better than attaching a monopod to the D600, with this lens on!

I'd love to own a native lens with similar performance, but I guess that will not be coming in the next few years!

-- hide signature --

tord (at) mindless (dot) com

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Pentax K-x Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow