Focus Stacking

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
KWEnz
Regular MemberPosts: 214Gear list
Like?
Re: Focus Stacking
In reply to Steve Balcombe, Mar 20, 2013

KWEnz wrote:

I am not sure if there is anything available which can automatically adjust lens focus positions by a small amount by rotating the focus ring,

DSLR Controller for Android devices controlling Canon DSLRs, and Helicon Remote for Android, Mac, and Windows (and iOS in development) controlling Canon or Nikon DSLRs can do this. I've tried both with my 7D and Samsung Galaxy S3, they work fine.

In theory you could also do this using Canon's Remote Capture software but you can only adjust focus by repeatedly clicking buttons - you can't automate the process.

Thanks for the information Steve.  I have DSLR Controller on my Acer Iconia tablet and a Stackshot rail, so in the next week or two I will do a comparison shoot of the two stack methods and post the results back here.

-- hide signature --

Ken

KWEnz's gear list:KWEnz's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow