just got my first printer (R3000) . what consumables to buy?

Started Mar 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
drcasper
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
just got my first printer (R3000) . what consumables to buy?
Mar 20, 2013

Hi guys.. I've lurker around here too long and i just got delivery of my R3000 (seems a favorite here). deciced to pull the trigger with the $150 rebate :D.

..anywho, as the tile says, I need to decide on what consumables to buy. (paper + Ink)... what do you guys recommend?

i figure i start slow, and i'll be printing mostly 4X6 pictures or maybe one size up from that.. have to learn to calibrate my monitor, play with profiles, etc.... what paper do you guys recommend? i like the flat look of the pictures @ costco w/border .. and .. thats all i know about paper.

as for the ink , I'm debating wether to sell the ink that came with this printer and go straight to 3rd party , as the head cleaning consumes 20% of the starting packages and im looking at spending for the kit pretty soon anyway.. i would most likely get the Inkjetfly IMAv36 v3 refill kit instead.. the info i found says the color gamut is better than cone , but i know nothing about inks either.. what would you guys recommend ?

keep and play with the oem and THEN buy 3rd party? go straight for 3rd party? what 3rd party do you recommend?

thank you for your time, and sorry for the long text.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow