FUJI HS50EXR, STILL NO PROPER REVIEW AND SAMPLE IMAGES..!!

Started Mar 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tim Trzcinski
Regular MemberPosts: 171
Like?
Re: FUJI HS50EXR, STILL NO PROPER REVIEW AND SAMPLE IMAGES..!!
In reply to Elaka Farmor, Mar 20, 2013

Here are a few images. Some of them are even at base ISO :). I also own a FZ60, SX50, and a HS20. A few of my observations in case you're interested: 1) This is the first Fuji that I've used (I also had an HS30 for a while) that competes with Panasonic in AF speed. It also obtains focus well inĀ  very difficult situations. The picture of the robin was taken in a secluded area near sunset. I don't think any of the other cameras I own would have obtained focus at all. 2) I think edge to edge sharpness at extreme wide angle is a bit better than the HS20. 3) The Q menu isn't perfect but it works better than the new Panasonic Q menu. 4) The IS is now very competitive with Canon. That's the good so far. The not so good: 1) Up to ~600mm the lens sharpness is very similar to the Canon but beyond 600mm the SX50 gets increasingly sharper. It's not like I'd send the HS50 back but I'm not going to get rid of the SX50 either. 2) The intelligent zoom/digital teleconverter feature is noticeably superior in the SX50. You may not use it often but if you do...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow