Started Mar 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zvonimir Tosic
Senior MemberPosts: 2,098Gear list
Like?
Endless summer (with Q)
Mar 20, 2013

I have spent almost entire summer with the Q, 01 and 02 lenses.
I found the kit to be as good as my K7, and better because it's a fraction of overall bulk. Extra batteries are a must and to cut long story short, here are just some images I've made with Q.

I find the Q to be ideal "sketching tool", or, I rather take more informal pictures, to make something unique out of them. I know that if I had a DSLR, I'd be too careful about horizon lines, exact aperture, etc. And that would inevitably grab my attention and time into technicalities I really don't care about so much about when wielding a Q.

I was shooting JPEGs exclusively.
Colour pictures are almost exactly as the Q captured them; just added sharpness when I was resizing them. Sepia images are done with Silver Effex Pro, and I admit, in all expect for last (with seashore) I did set the front dial to a "wrong" position when I was capturing them, which has rendered images way too dark. But instead of restoring details or deleting pictures as unusable, I've used them differently, created unique mood which adds elements of curiosity in my Endless Summer photo album.

-- hide signature --

Zvonimir Tosic
“A portrait is not made in the camera, but on either side of it.”
— Edward Steichen

Zvonimir Tosic's gear list:Zvonimir Tosic's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow