Time is running out for Samsung, Sony, and other mirrorless camera makers

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
MediaArchivist
Senior MemberPosts: 1,149Gear list
Like?
Re: Think again
In reply to Just Having Fun, Mar 20, 2013

I don't think you get it. Trust me, as a long time Alpha owner the Alpha lens line up is lacking. It sucks having to gamble on ebay to find a slow focusing, used 85mm lens, while Canon offers a nice F/1.8 for under $370. The Zeiss options don't help much unless you like over paying too.

Or you could go with a fast focussing ∑85/1.4?

Slowly. The best Sony mirrorless lenses seem to be made or designed by someone else.

Sigma, and to a lesser degree Samyang and Tamron are making E mount lenses. I'm not sure I agree that they are the best (as in "better than Sony"), but Sony certainly has some lemons in there and Sigma (et al) have some gems. Add an adapter and you can use any A mount lens, add a different adapter and you can use almost any lens ever made for any mount-- and the more recent adapters are including aperture and AF.

MediaArchivist's gear list:MediaArchivist's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF Sony 24mm F2 SSM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow