Started Mar 20, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lee37
Regular MemberPosts: 128Gear list
Like?
HS50 "Bait & Switch"?
Mar 20, 2013

In early Feb I ordered the HS50 from B&H.  ON 2-11 I read a post here that AMAZON had the camera at a very good price.  This was true so I cancelled at B&H and ordered from AMAZON.  Mistake.  Still don;t have the camera.  Complained and received the following:

Hello,
I would like to apologize for the delay in processing your order.
I understand your concern about the longer delivery estimates, I hope I can explain the reason for you.
I've checked the order details for the Order #999999999 and verified that the "Fujifilm FinePix HS50EXR 16 MP Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD (Black)" is currently back-ordered and this item will usually ship in 3 to 5 weeks. I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect this would happen.
Unfortunately, we don't have any more stock of "Fujifilm FinePix HS50EXR 16 MP Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD (Black)" right now, and we're not sure when we'll be able to get more.
Our supply of some items is limited, and these products sell out quickly. I realize this is disappointing news, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
If you'd rather cancel your order, I understand. To cancel your order, go to the URL below and click the "Need to cancel an item?" button:
w.amazon.com/gp/css/summary/edit.html?orderID=
However, the "Fujifilm FinePix HS50EXR 16 MP Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD (Black)" is available from another seller on our site. If you'd like to place a new order for item with a Marketplace seller after canceling the original order, go to the page below to see the offers available:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00ATM1MGA/
We pride ourselves in ensuring that all of our customers receive timely, efficient service and a stress-free shopping experience. Your patronage is greatly appreciated. We were unable to provide you with this level of service for your very important order, and for this, I am truly sorry.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best regards,
T

Of course the Marketplace seller has a very high price.

IS this classic Bait & Switch or am I being unfair?

Lee37's gear list:Lee37's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow